Sunday, April 22, 2018

Godspell in Lake Charles for Three More Performances!

I'll start by saying, I've never been a huge fan of the musical Godspell overall. I understand it. I like quite a few of the gospel lessons acted out in it. I like a few of the songs, too. However, overall, it's not a musical that I find great.



However, the production done by the cast and crew at The Lake Charles Little Theatre can certainly put some professional theatre companies to shame. The cast was wonderful. Everybody was able to sing the tunes and keep up with the dancing on stage. No matter what happened, even during times that audience interaction happened, the cast was able to keep the show going without flaw. You'll enjoy hearing what are probably some familiar tunes and if they are not familiar, you will most likely end up falling in love with one of the songs.

The cast includes Clay Hebert, Kirsten Bush, Heather Partin, Zoe LeBeau, Joseph Comeaux, Clay Corley, Rebecca Harris, Virginia-Kate Jessen, Theresa Hay Needham, Taylor Novak-Tyler, Liz Rentrop Trahan, and Jaylin Williams. Clay Hebert shows great professionalism in acting out Jesus's lessons. Definitely keep an eye on Clay Corley. Once again, he shows great promise in his acting abilities just like he did in Shrek: The Musical.

Even if you don't enjoy the show overall, you will enjoy this production. Catch a showing of Godspell and The Lake Charles Little Theater at 7:30pm on Friday, April 27, 2018 or Saturday. April 28, 2018. You can also catch a showing at 3:00pm on Sunday, April 29. You can buy tickets at the theatre, or by going to The Lake Charles Little Theater's Vendini Ticket Sales page.

If you enjoy my content, please consider becoming one one of my patrons through Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/TheatreGeek where I will be sharing more in depth content, answering your questions, sharing which types of software I use and how to find them, and more. By becoming my patron, you allow me to create more content about theatre and more theatrical content.

No comments:

Post a Comment