Friday, May 4, 2018

Seussical, Jr. in Lake Charles for Three More Performances!

Seussical (including Seussical Jr.) easily became one of my favorite musicals once I saw it. Going into it, I wasn't certain because sometimes musicals based on literature or small television series aren't that great. I thought I would be a fan of the School House Rock musicals, but I was able to see it and it did not come together well at all. I also thought I would like The Secret Garden musical because I liked the stage play, but the musical changed quite a bit of the plot of how things actually happen.



I'm glad to say that Seussical is not this way. It combines the stories of Dr. Seuss, but they mainly stay in tact and tell a great story when put all together. The only question that I might have in mind when going to see a performance of Seussical or Seussical, Jr. is if the performance will be any good. I did not have a doubt that I'd see a great performance when I found out that Christian Youth Theater of Lake Charles was going to have performances of Seussical, Jr.

The entire crew did an amazing job. Of course, there are always those performers that catch my eye. Keep a look out for Jaylin Williams (the Cat in the Hat), Cole Becton (Horton the Elephant), Zoe LeBeau (Gertrude McFuzz), Kaylee Caroll (Sour Kangaroo), and of course Clay Corley (Mr. Mayor). This production of Seussical, Jr. is directed by Joy Pace and choreographed by Joey Frazier.

You can see the production at the following times:
  • Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 2:00pm
  • Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 7:00pm
  • Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 2:00pm


The show is held on the stage at the Lake Charles Boston Academy located at 1509 Enterprise Blvd. in Lake Charles, LA 70601.

Tickets are $15 at the door and $12 when purchased through Lake Charles Christian Youth Theater's website. The price for tickets goes down to $10 for children 10 and under, seniors age 62 or older, those serving in the military, and per person for groups with a minimum of 10 people.

If you enjoy my content, please consider becoming one one of my patrons through Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/TheatreGeek where I will be sharing more in depth content, answering your questions, sharing which types of software I use and how to find them, and more. By becoming my patron, you allow me to create more content about theatre and more theatrical content.

No comments:

Post a Comment