Thursday, August 16, 2018

Inspirational Quotes from Musicals

While I gather my thoughts and get ready to start a new series, this post is just a small break between series. Thanks to many people in the Facebook group, Theatre Teacher Lesson Lending for the idea.

Here are some inspirational quotes from musicals. If you are a teacher that has a classroom, you may want to find an appropriate picture and put one of these quotes on the picture. Obviously, this can be done with as many quotes as you'd like. You can then have the poster with the quote printed out as a picture at places like FedEx or Office Depot and have inspirting decorations for your classroom.

Dear Evan Hansen

  • It takes a little patience, takes a little time. A little perseverance and a little uphill climb.
  • Even when the dark comes crashing through, and when you need a friend to carry you, when you're broken on the ground you will be found.
  • At least you're you and, well, that's enough.


Legally Blonde: The Musical
  • Keep it positive.
  • Being true to yourself never goes out of style.


The Sound of Music

  • After all, the wool from the black sheep is just as warm.
  • Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow, ’til you find your dream.


Wicked

  • It's just life, so keep dancing through.
  • Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try, I'll never know.
  • Everyone deserves the chance to fly.
  • I'm through accepting limits because someone says they're so.


Hamilton

  • I’m just like my country — I’m young, scrappy, and hungry, and I am not throwing away my shot.”
  • Every action’s an act of creation!
  • Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now!
  • There’s a million things I haven’t done. Just you wait, just you wait.
  • I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original.” (Or break this one up "I am the one thing in life I can control." and "I am an original.")
  • Seize the moment and stay in it.


Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

  • Any dream will do.
  • If you think it, want it, dream it, it's real.


Seussical

  • I have wings and I can fly. Around the moon and far beyond the sky.
  • Oh, the thinks you can think.
  • Think and wonder and dream far and wide as you dare.


Cinerella

  • Impossible things are happening every day.
  • On the wing of my fancy, I can fly anywhere.


Shrek: The Musical

  • It's a big, bright beautiful world.


The Little Mermaid

  • You’ve got your own style, now let it shine through and remember no matter what, you got to be you.


If you enjoy my content, please consider becoming one of my patrons through Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/TheatreGeek where I will be sharing more in depth content, answering your questions, sharing which types of software I use and how to find them, and more. By becoming my patron, you allow me to create more content about theatre and more theatrical content.

No comments:

Post a Comment