Monday, August 20, 2018

Producer - Jobs in the Theatre - Part 1

In the United States, in professional theatre, the producer is the person that raises the money for a theatrical performance or a run of theatrical performaces and also finds the venue or venues. This person will also secure the rights for the performance.



The producer will also publicize the play. A producer usually has a team of a variety of managers and at least one publicist to help fulfill these duties. That way, the producer is able to delegate responsiblities to different people and not become too overwhelmed.

The producer is usually right under the board of directors when it comes to theatre hierarchy. A producer may not be found in non-profit theatrical companies. This is because the board does the jobs mentioned in the above paragraph.

However, sometimes a producer is assigned in non-profit theatre. When this is the case, the producer is the person who oversees every aspect of the production. In general, the board is still responsible for taking care of funds for productions. However, the producer will help to raise the funds. He will also make sure that each person in the theatre is doing is or her job.

Once again, sorry for the last post. This time I was out of town and I managed to get off of the Interstate and ended up driving through a little down in the dark and I don't know my way through it, so it took me longer to get home than I expected.

If you enjoy my content, please consider becoming one one of my patrons through Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/TheatreGeek where I will be sharing more in depth content, answering your questions, sharing which types of software I use and how to find them, and more. By becoming my patron, you allow me to create more content about theatre and more theatrical content.

No comments:

Post a Comment